Submit a 3-4 page paper answering the five questions below. Answers are expected to be a least one paragraph (if not greater in length). You will need to do research outside of your required readings. You should have at least three references for this paper. Your paper should be double-spaced in APA format using Arial 12-point font with 1” margins. There should be an introduction and a conclusion. This paper will be graded not only on content, but also grammar, spelling and structure with strict adherence to the APA format. You are required to provide a title and a reference page which do not count toward the 3-4 page requirement. The midterm paper is worth 100 points.
Save your paper as a doc or rtf named Clere_Midterm.
- What are the different levels and types of law enforcement in the United States? Discuss their different jurisdictions and types of crime they investigate.
- Discuss early policing and discuss how the law enforcement system of the United States is connected to England.
- Evaluate, based on research, the effectiveness of community-based policing and problem-oriented policing.
- What is police culture and how does it influence police stress? What are three effects or consequences of police stress?
- What Constitutional amendments do Miranda Rights protect? Is the reading of a suspect’s Miranda Rights still necessary today? Why or Why not?