The answers for this multi part question should be at least 350 words, have two authoritative sources, must be used in APA format and direct link to sources.
Watch Dr. David Keith’s TED talk, a critical look at geoengineering against climate change, and respond to these questions: How is geo-engineering a “moral hazard?”; Should we proceed with geoengineering through the use of sulfates?; If not, how best do we as a species address the issue of global climate change?
Using the uploaded reference GEOENGINEERING THE CLIMATE: THE SOCIAL AND ETHICAL IMPLICATIONS BY ADAM CORNER AND NICK PIDGEON, Dr. David Keithâ€™s video, and two other new authoritative sources and must be used in APA format between these next five questions. Make sure to support assertions with evidence and a direct link from your research sources. The minimum word count is 350 words per question in this section.
- What is global warming? What is the greenhouse effect and how does it influence global atmospheric temperatures? Based on your outside research, has this trend accelerated or slowed during the past 5 years? Use climate data to support your point.
- Describe four possible effects of global warming on the planet. Based on your research, what is the relationship between some of the extreme weather (hurricanes, floods, or droughts) that we have seen in the US and climate change?
- What features of Western culture help lead people to believe in their primacy over nature?
- What does the term geoengineering mean? Explain the two approaches to geoengineering that currently appear to be the most promising.
- Describe in detail some of the social and ethical dilemmas posed by geoengineering that are explained in the reading. What is your solution to one of these dilemmas?