Provide 2-3 pages, not including title page and reference page (do not go by word count). Use proper APA throughout. Use references provided. Use subheadings between sections.
Application: Grammatical Rules and APA Format
Credibility in the criminal justice field depends on language competence. Learning, and then internalizing, grammatical rules and the appropriate formats and styles to follow when creating a document such as a police report, is a worthwhile challenge. Recurring errors are often the result of not internalizing the rules that govern communication. Identifying grammatical errors and attempting to correct them is one of the most effective ways to eliminate those same errors in the future. With conscientious practice, you might be able to eliminate these errors from your communications.
For this Assignment, take the Grammar and APA Assessment in this week’s Learning Resources. Review correct grammar use and APA formatting to identify challenges you face in applying correct grammatical rules and APA formatting in your writing.
The Assignment (2–3 pages)
- Take the Grammar and APA Assessment in this week’s Learning Resources. Review correct grammar use and APA formatting to identify challenges you face in applying correct grammatical rules and APA formatting in your writing.
- Describe 3–5 challenges you face in applying proper grammatical rules and APA formatting in your writing
- Describe strategies you might use to address these challenges and explain why each might be effective
- Include appropriate resources you may use to address these challenges
- Johnson, W. A., Rettig, R. P., Scott, G. M., & Garrison, S. M. (2015). The criminal justice student writer’s manual (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.
- Chapter 2 “Writing Competently”
- Chapter 3 “Student Paper Formats”
- Chapter 5 “Citing Sources in APA Style”
- Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2011). Grammar Assessment. Baltimore: Author.