To complete this assignment, follow these instructions:
- Take two sources which must be from different disciplines: for example, a film, Kracauer, a novel, Jünger’s memoirs.
- Compare them to each other and try to relate them to one of the big topics of the course.
- Structure of paper
- Start out with a thesis: these two sources are related this way.
- Then sum the two sources up in a paragraph or two each. (Do not just retell plot.)
- Then go to your comparative pages – what do they have in common? How do they differ?
Be sure your paper includes significant as well as specific references to the texts/films you are writing about. Essays should be typed, using a 10- or 12-point font, with one inch margins on all sides.
Note that you are not required to use outside sources, although you may – also please note that all citations need a reference and that the UM System Academic Honesty policy (below) applies to all work in this course, including the Analysis Paper.