https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png 0 0 admin https://savvyessaywriters.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/output-onlinepngtools-27-1-300x63.png admin2020-11-15 15:15:232020-11-15 15:15:23Week 2 Discussion: The Historical Context
Start a discussion on any of the questions below. Please refer to the Discussion Rubric for details on how your participation in the discussion will be evaluated.
- Charles Tilly is famous for arguing, “War made the state and the state made war.” Explain.
- Why did the modern state emerge as the dominant actor in international politics?
- Three of the ten most-worsened countries in the 2018 Fragile States Index are also among the world’s most developed. Which are these three countries? Why did their scores worsen? (http://fundforpeace.org/fsi/ (Links to an external site.))
- What are the definitional challenges of democracy and authoritarianism?
On the basis of what characteristics do we decide if a country is democratic or authoritarian?
- a. What are the typologies of democracies?
b. What distinctions can we make between authoritarian regimes?
- Over the last decade, many have began talking about an “authoritarian slide”. Why do you think some countries have either successfully maintained authoritarian rule (think Cuba, China) or had experienced a slide back to authoritarianism (think Venezuela)?
550 word minimum. must include two references