Please review the “Argumentative Research Paper Guidelines” (attached file) very carefully and decide which topic you are going to research. If you are hoping to choose a topic not listed on the prompt, then you should e-mail me ASAP to get approval before proceeding. For this topic proposal, you do not need to submit a Word document. Simply type right into the text box, but use proper spelling, punctuation, and a large, readable font. It is preferred you use numbering to show that you addressed all 5 of the required components of this assignment. Include the following:
- A title or opening sentence that indicates which topic you are choosing.
- A detailed explanation of why you are choosing that topic.
- An overview of some of the aspects or specifics you are hoping to learn about when performing your research.
- Any background knowledge you already have about the topic, no matter how limited.
- 1-2 questions you have about this assignment so far.
*Each of the above criteria is worth 2 points, so rather than use a grading rubric, you will be graded on a credit/no credit basis for each of the criterion you include in your proposal.